pc upgrade

Newuser4491 14:12 17 Jun 03

My PC's got a 800 Duron with 128 MB RAM. All I use it for is office stuff and internet, but its getting a bit slow. The motherboard can take upto an Athlon 1200, and upto 1gb RAM. Whilst the RAM is cheap enough, getting the processor would cost about &80. What is liklely to be the best option for the price? Installing it all myself is not a problem.

Cheers

OK Computer 14:37 17 Jun 03

I would always be tempted a doing a clean install and degrag etc to really get a good idea of your pc's performance before upgrading. Upgrading your RAM wouldnt hurt either. Your processor should be able to handle office and internet explorer!

©®@$ђ 14:42 17 Jun 03

if its getting a bit slow maybe defraging it will help and clearing some temp files.

how much hardisk space have you got left as that could slow the computer down if you havn't got much

a 1333 mhz athlon with a 266fsb which can be used on your motherboard it would just be underclocked to 1200 mhz is only £33.47 inc VAT

click here

doesn't cost much to upgrade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…