PC typing = signs in web entry boxes

Pablosammy 20:55 14 Mar 10

Hi,

I have a mystifying and irritating issue. In certain text entry boxes on various websites, my PC has taken to typing '=' (equals signs) repeatedly, at the same speed the cursor blinks.

Now, this doesn't happen in all text boxes else this post would be riddled with them. That also shows that it is not a keyboard issue (the key is NOT stuck down!). Examples are the eBay search box and the Alliance and Leicester password entry boxes. Google is apparently unaffected.

It is not browser specific either - I have the same problem in Chrome, Firefox and IE. I haven't noticed the issue in any non-web applications.

I'm normally reasonably good at diagnosing this sort of thing, but this has me stumped.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Pablosammy 21:28 14 Mar 10

As nobody seems clued up on this, I think I have found the source of the problem. Trusteer Rapport.

It's disabled now, and the problem has vanished. I've still no idea why it did it, though...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…