PC type fan to cool home cinema?

nick_j007 23:47 28 Oct 04

click here

I saw this in a brochure that arrived at my doorstep.

In my TV (I know this isn't really an AV forum) rack I have a small Amp made by Acoustic Energy that sits on top of my satellite box gets very hot indeed, and the display lights went on my last one. can't be sure it was the that but I suspect so.

It needs to be elevated by an inch or so I admit, but to my question...can something like this be integrated quietly into the system and do a good job? How would I power it?

With interest,

Regards, Nick

JonnyTub 23:52 28 Oct 04

search google for overheating problems, if you find there is a generic fault concerning heat, they will be suggestions already made, this proved to be the case with the liteon 5001 dvd recorders and so i produced a web site showing how to get around the problem using a fan as you suggest, liteon then decided to install the fans on a recall basis and so the site has been taken down duly.

nick_j007 23:58 28 Oct 04

Thanks JonnyTub! I think the individual gear is ok to be honest. My amp is sitting right on the decoder and it is too much really.

I see the fan listed as an example in my post above needs 12V DC. I shall have to dig around then to see what I can find already covered on the matter.

Regards.

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…