a PC with two OS's.......advice needed

Magik ®© 21:52 29 Aug 03

If a PC has NT and WIN98, which are on the same HDD, we dont have any software, could the NT be got rid off to reclaim the disk space. so it would just run as a win98 PC...

if it could, where would we start?

thanks..........

woodchip 21:58 29 Aug 03

Partition Magic to delete the partition you then stretch the Win98 Partition to use the free space left from NT. To stretch there is a slider that you drag

jazzypop 21:58 29 Aug 03

I presume the two OS's are setup on different partitions. If so, you could bott up with a W98 boot floppy, run fdisk, and delete the NT partition.

This would regain the space on the drive - the next part is to allocate the space that was taken up by the NT partition to the W98 partition.

The only tool that I am familiar with, that can do this without destroying the W98 partition and data, is Partition Magic.

In fact, if you have Partition Magic, you can boot up with a PM floppy, and delete the NT partition and give the regained space back to the W98 partition.

woodchip 22:07 29 Aug 03

I use Acronis Disc Administrator, Does the same job

Magik ®© 22:08 29 Aug 03

thanks both for the help, it is not looking good, the PC does not have a CD drive, It is a dell latitude CP....

Kitz E Kat 09:07 30 Aug 03

You dont need a CD drive, you can boot off a floppy as said above by Jazzypop, and Partition Magic can also be run from floppy.

Magik ®© 10:56 30 Aug 03

thanks, no doubt i will be back when No1 son gets here, with said laptop.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…