PC to TV display cable settings

Mikari 22:00 18 Feb 15

I'm trying to use my TV as a PC monitor. Here are pictures and information about the TV, PC and cable: click here any ideas on how to change the settings?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:11 18 Feb 15

Think you need to connect to the componet video input on the TV (not input 1)

here is a tutorial

Mikari 20:56 19 Feb 15

Is it possible to get a program that replaces the converter?

Adapters and NVIDIA pics:

click here

bumpkin 21:09 19 Feb 15

You should not need one if you do as Fruitbat suggested.

aquatarkus 00:31 20 Feb 15

Hi there what make of TV are you using, i see from your pictures you have 2 x HDMI ports on the TV is there not a VGA (PC) 15 pin socket on the rear of the TV you could then use the VGA cable you have coming from the pc into the tv, you would then select the PC input on the tv.

Regards Aquatarkus

Mikari 00:59 20 Feb 15

Fruiotbat/Bumpkin: I selected what I have on that page but it says I need a converter. Do I need a new cable?

Aquatarkus: I tried all the inputs but nothing shows up.

I can't find an hdmi on the tv, just a label, plus I'd need a new cable anyway. Though if an hdmi did exist I'd still like to know where they hid it.

Is there anything else I can try with what I have? I heard that plugging the red green blue into the yellow red white might work, but I don't know about where to put each color.

This is the back of the TV click here

Mikari 02:25 20 Feb 15

Found the elusive hdmis! Dad had put black plastic tape over them back when he gave me the TV because he didn't know what they were and didn't want them collecting dust, so they were completely invisible. Not that it solves much because I don't have that cable. I'll have to try again after a trip to the store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017