pc tries to connect to net without my permission

droppeddown 16:47 15 Aug 07

in the last couple of weeks my laptop tries to connect to a webpage every 20 mins or so. I use my laptop for my music only so i have never had it connected to the internet. Im assuming what ever is causing the problem has come from a program i have installed;

So far ive uninstalled everything which was installed in the last few weeks and ive disabled my modem and in internet options ive stopped my computer trying to log on the net. however nothing has worked and its seems to of slowed my computer noticably down. I ran all my virus and spy ware checkers and nothing has been found but i ran a program which found a file named "yayyvtr.dll" running on my computer which it noted as being dangerous ive tried deleting it and "ending the process" but my computer wont allow as i assume cause it lies in my system files.

anyway any help or ideas would be great

Stuartli 16:59 15 Aug 07

yayyvtr.dll appears to be a Trojan, although there's little about it I can find. See:

click here (translated from German)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:59 15 Aug 07

Yes its a nasty you need to be rid of:

click here
VundoFix will kill it.
You need to switch off Antivir guard, Spybots Teatimer,Spywareterminator (if you have them) and System restore before running VundoFix.

Then follow the instructions at the link above.

After rebooting the PC you can switch the items back on.

mfletch 17:00 15 Aug 07

Hi If you have not already tried this Antispyware please do so SAS Superantispyware,

Run the software in safe mode that's pressing the F8 key on a restart,

First Delete All Temp Internet Files and All Cookies,

Then.

Download this Free Antispyware {Superantispyware} Before using the Antispyware for the first time check for any updates.

click here

hope this helps you.

mfletch.

droppeddown 18:54 15 Aug 07

cheers for that ive just done a scan in safe mode with spyware terminator and i think its done the job. it picked up the .dll file and managed to remove it although il wait and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…