PC Tools Internet Security 2009 link/reg page

wng5891 15:29 20 Oct 08

Has anyone else managed to use the links provided in PC Advisor Nov 08 to register to use the PC Tools Internet Security 2009 disc freebie?

All I get is a PC Tools webpage that says 'Please enter the full website address listed in your magazine or promotion.' I can't get to a web page as shown in the mag.

I've used the tinyurl in the magazine, the link from the pdf on the disc and also the link from the PC Advisor web site disc information page. Typed the links in manually too. All with the same result.

Thanks

RickyC :-) 15:39 20 Oct 08

Hi wng5891,

We've had over 15,000 successful registrations for the PC Tools Internet Security 2009 software - so this could have been a temporary glitch.

Certain territories aren't able to access the registration page - as the magazine is not sold in these countries and the offer is only available to genuine PC Advisor readers who have purchased the magazine.

Please send me a private message using the yellow envelope next to my user name, and I will be happy to help you with this.
kind regards

Richard
Software Editor

Warren Pearce 10:56 05 Feb 09

There's a process named pctsSvc.exe that from time to time during the day occupies up to 50% of the cpu. I guess this is PC Tools software.

These occurrences are not just updates or scans, it's happening at any time and it interrupts other applications.

I have 'all protection' switched on.

Is it possible I should be fine tuning the 'settings' to free up cpu time?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…