PC Tools AntiVirus _ New Toy

baldtaco 11:35 23 Jan 07

This may be of interest to one or two of you.It was flagged up on The Enquirer yesterday.

"THE GUYS BEHIND SPYWARE DOCTOR at PC Tools are planning to release free versions of its security software PC Tools Firewall Plus and PC Tools AntiVirus in a bid to, well, release some free software." click here

I've got no use for it, but it might be worth a peek.

Where it's at - click here

Belatucadrus 11:45 27 Jan 07

PC tools anti virus has a nice interface and is fully featured, but it's a massive RAM hog and on my test machine had a tendency to bring browsers to a grinding halt, this happened on Firefox and IE. So as it stands not recommended, I didn't keep it. Looking as Snapfiles reviews indicates I'm not the only one that found this.
The Firewall was OK and quite compact, though somewhat lacking in documentation, which is a pity as it's quite tweakable. I did have problems when using it on an avast! equipped machine as for some reason it couldn't "learn and retain" the details for the avast! update system, no other update/contact software had this problem.

Input Overload 11:50 27 Jan 07

I wonder if they have used the same engine out of Spyware Doctor, the only gripe I have with that is it can use well over 100 meg of memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac