PC switching itself off!?!

BaboonBoy22 22:54 21 Oct 09

As the title says, my computer is switching its self off. Sometimes its before POST, sometimes after, once it booted the OS before it went.
I'm assuming its the PSU that is playing up, but I would just like to go through the possibilities of other faults with you guys first.
As it booted the os the motherboard, ram, HDD etc are obviously working ok. I did think that it could be the CPU over heating forcing it to shutdown. But the fan is working fine, and the whole system is fairly new (was built early this year) so I wouldn't have thought it to be that.

Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks.

RobCharles1981 23:59 21 Oct 09

Use the "search forum" to be found on the top tight hand side for clues with your problem.

lotvic 00:11 22 Oct 09

What shall we put in as search term? Huh? :o)

BaboonBoy22:
Have you got any heat monitors? or you can check temps in Bios maybe.
Post back with the running temps if you manage to get any readings.

Furkin 00:27 22 Oct 09

Is the ON/OFF button touching the Micro-switch underneath ?

I know it's a long shot, but I had this problem,,,, and that was the result,,,, and fix.

BaboonBoy22 09:14 22 Oct 09

I will try and get it running for long enough to see if I can get any temp readings.
I thought it could be the On/Off switch, so I unplugged it from the MB. My MB comes with a Diognosis Card which has a Power and Reset switch on it, so I've just been using that, and still the same problem.

OTT_Buzzard 11:25 22 Oct 09

Any clues in Event Viewer?

Start-Run-eventvwr

Look under Administrative Events

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…