PC switches back on on its own after shut down!

stos 08:59 14 May 03

I just bought a HiGrade PV4 2400 desktop and after it completely shuts down, it switches back on on its own, 10/15 min later. The technician who came to see it changed some settings in BIOS but the problem persists (i.e unless I actually switch the plug off, it will switch back on).
Do you think I should just accept the company fixing it or could it be a serious fault and I should demand a replacement?

Christos Kourtis

BrianW 09:16 14 May 03

Have you got BroadBand? If so, check whether you have "wake up on lan" enabled. My machine does exactly the same thing as yours and I can only put it down to this. So I switch off at the wall.

keith-236785 09:19 14 May 03

when your computer shuts down then starts again
you could force a shutdown by keeping the power button pressed for about three seconds(or untill it turns off)
you may be greeted by scandisk when you start agan, let it scan

also check that the reset button is free( not sticking)

good luck

keith-236785 09:22 14 May 03

sorry i missed the bit about 10/15 mins
check your bios for wake on lan
or wake on token ring (yup internet can wake up your computer.

Rogerfredo 11:47 14 May 03

My Pc running WinME is on a network. If the other computers have not been switched on, the PC can be switched off normally.
However, if one of the other computers has been used (and there has been some transfer of info between them), then the PC restarts when shut down.
I have to shut down a second time before everything is ok.
This is not the same fault as yours, but illustrates some programming fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…