PC switch off when printing .xls

besuk 17:26 21 Apr 04

Hello there,
I am experiencing some printing problems with some Excel files: when I try printing them, the PC switch itself off (and goes in re-start mode).
I have had this problem now with two different PC's, trying printing two different files.
One PC runs Windows Me and Office 97, the other Windows Xp pro and Office 2000.
The files are normal Excel files, rather small in size (one is 16 Kb and the other is 43.5 Kb).
I have tried scanning them with Norton Anti-virus, but nothing showed up.
I am really puzzled by this.
Anyone with a good suggestion ?
Cheers.

recap 17:33 21 Apr 04

Did you create the files on the machines you mention? If so try them on another system. If not try resaving them on to a different disc.

besuk 20:29 21 Apr 04

Thanks recap.
One of the files was created on one of the machines, the other was received by e-mail.
I have tried copying one of the files (the one received by e-mail) onto a different PC (W98, Office 97), and the problem didn't occur.
It seems to me like a problem in the communication between the PC and the printer (oh, I forgot to mention that the two PCs that give the problem use two different printers !).
I am really intrigued by this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…