pc stops typing after a few words!!

callumw10 15:50 05 Jun 09

hi
when i m typing on my pc i can type ok for a few words then all of a sudden the wndow will change from the dark blue colour to a light blue colour and when this happens it stops typing! the only way to get it to type again is to click the window.

is there anything i can do to stop this from happening??
Please help its getting really anoying!
if you need any info contact me.
thanks
callum

johndrew 16:05 05 Jun 09

The reason this is happening is because the window you are typing in becomes an `inactive` window as some other software is functioning as `primary` window or you are inputting some command which causes other software to become the primary or active window.

Use Task Manager to see what is running when this happens and minimise the window you are working in to see what else is open/running. Also check your anti-malware software to see if it is doing a check.

Sea Urchin 16:06 05 Jun 09

Are you using XP? If so download TweakUI from

click here

Open program /expand General and highlight Focus - check the box beside Prevent Applications Stealing Focus - click Apply and OK.

callumw10 17:49 05 Jun 09

hi johndrew i have checked to see if my computer has anything running when this happens and there is no other program running and my anit virus is not doing a scan. do you have any other suggestions. thanks for your reply.
callum

johndrew 11:10 06 Jun 09

Sea Urchin may well have provided a cure. He uses the word `focus` instead of my `inactive/primary`; means the same.

I have never used TweakUI but I have seen many articles praising its facilities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5