Pc Stopped making any noise

willyv 12:14 02 Jul 08

My PC seems to have stopped making any noise at all.
I have checked the control panel for a device and it says its working, i have also done the test- which actually works, but any other sound does not seem to work. I am running vista and run my audio output to an auxillary input in my desktop stereo, but have had this set up for some time with no problem. Please, any advice would be gladly accepted. Cheers.

willyv 12:21 02 Jul 08

Yes, I have given that a go. I also have small speakers on lcd screen but no sound comes from those either. Cheers anyway.

ronalddonald 12:53 02 Jul 08

Hmm have you tried downlaoding the latset driver or did the pc come with adriver cd.

You could try ti reinstall vista to see if that deals with problem but back dta 1st.

Look on the forum about downloading realtech or volume control in the search forum under helproom and absolute beginer

MarvintheAndroid 22:31 02 Jul 08

Sounds daft, but have you loaded up the volume control mixer to make sure that nothing is muted ?

Marv

willyv 07:53 03 Jul 08

no checked that too!
ive have actually bought a cheap usb sound controller which now enables me to run sound thro my stereo but i still dont think that really solves the original prob

FatboySlim71 08:37 03 Jul 08

Could you try the following:

1: Right click on the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen.

2: Remember to take note of what devices etc were enabled/disabled now so that you can then return these to that setting before moving on to the next steps THIS IS IMPORTANT.

On the window that has now appeared can you right click on a blank area of this window to open up the menu, the menu should show 2 options (SHOW DISABLED DEVICE, SHOW ENABLE DEVICE). Try enabling any of the items that are disabled one at time and try each one to see if it solves your problem, just remember to take note of what devices etc were enabled/disabled at the start so that you can then return these to that setting before moving on to the next steps THIS IS IMPORTANT.

3: Now, left click on the disabled device that you want to use, then right click to open popup menu and tick ENABLE.

If none of the above works try some of the other options you find in here to see if it solves your problem.

I can remember having a sound problem a while back and doing the above solved it, I cannot remember if it was a recording or playback sound issue/problem that I had.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos