pc to stereo connection

P4ULT 14:31 05 Feb 10

hi is it possible to connect my pc to my stereo but still be able to use the monitor for sound. i can get it through one or the other but not together the pc is a hp s5202 uk

many thanks paul

P4ULT 17:53 05 Feb 10

anyone

Technotiger 18:17 05 Feb 10

You need a dedicated Graphics Card which has more input/output sockets - yours is just on-board graphics!

Technotiger 18:18 05 Feb 10

OOps sorry, forget that, not what you were asking - but still recommended anyway!

Technotiger 18:27 05 Feb 10

I am guessing now, but like the graphics, I expect your Audio is onboard only, so if possible a dedicated Sound Card would enable your audio connection to be done.

Personally, if it were mine, I would get rid of the whole computer, in favour of a better spec PC - your slimline jobby does not really lend itself to expansion!

P4ULT 18:59 05 Feb 10

na its brand new

canarieslover 19:10 05 Feb 10

Connevt one of these adaptors to the line out (Green) socket of you sound card. A pair of Phono leads can then be used to connect to line in of your amplifier. click here

Technotiger 19:16 05 Feb 10

Brand new .... fair enough that's understandable.

john bunyan 19:20 05 Feb 10

I have a XFi Xtreme audio sound card. I just use the stereo output jack on the stereo or cassette player connected to the microphone in on the sound card. Maybe you would consider a sound card - they are not too expensive.Does your PC have microphone in socket?

P4ULT 19:55 05 Feb 10

yep it does have a mic socket

also i can get it to play through the stereo but i want to be able to use the monitor speakers or the stereo without having to keep switching the cables

P4ULT 19:57 05 Feb 10

its got red blue and green connections on the back if that makes any difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…