pc to stereo connection

P4ULT 14:31 05 Feb 10

hi is it possible to connect my pc to my stereo but still be able to use the monitor for sound. i can get it through one or the other but not together the pc is a hp s5202 uk

many thanks paul

P4ULT 17:53 05 Feb 10

anyone

Technotiger 18:17 05 Feb 10

You need a dedicated Graphics Card which has more input/output sockets - yours is just on-board graphics!

Technotiger 18:18 05 Feb 10

OOps sorry, forget that, not what you were asking - but still recommended anyway!

Technotiger 18:27 05 Feb 10

I am guessing now, but like the graphics, I expect your Audio is onboard only, so if possible a dedicated Sound Card would enable your audio connection to be done.

Personally, if it were mine, I would get rid of the whole computer, in favour of a better spec PC - your slimline jobby does not really lend itself to expansion!

P4ULT 18:59 05 Feb 10

na its brand new

canarieslover 19:10 05 Feb 10

Connevt one of these adaptors to the line out (Green) socket of you sound card. A pair of Phono leads can then be used to connect to line in of your amplifier. click here

Technotiger 19:16 05 Feb 10

Brand new .... fair enough that's understandable.

john bunyan 19:20 05 Feb 10

I have a XFi Xtreme audio sound card. I just use the stereo output jack on the stereo or cassette player connected to the microphone in on the sound card. Maybe you would consider a sound card - they are not too expensive.Does your PC have microphone in socket?

P4ULT 19:55 05 Feb 10

yep it does have a mic socket

also i can get it to play through the stereo but i want to be able to use the monitor speakers or the stereo without having to keep switching the cables

P4ULT 19:57 05 Feb 10

its got red blue and green connections on the back if that makes any difference

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch