Pc Startup Problem

freddy-firecracker 13:05 18 Oct 04

Just put my Pc back to factory settings after being advised by support team, PC was taking 5 minutes to boot up after doing this. Contacted Medion again who advised me to switch power off at the mains for PC but hold finger on PC power switch for one minute. Started system again,

Bingo seems to work ok now, although asked why this happened on a machine only six months old. Possible reasons stated as amount of use/location etc.

Is this just a fob-off excuse or does this ring true.....

advice helpful

Muzzsjm 13:08 18 Oct 04

Hummmmmmm very strange. What did they mean by location? Your street/country etc or where its located in your house?

As for amount of use thats also a bit dodgy PC's are designed to be used to hours on end hence the fans n cooling etc. I would say more the type of use rather than amount?

freddy-firecracker 13:15 18 Oct 04

Yeah, think they meant was it on a carpet/ work station. I Kinda thought it was a CPU/memory problem. The guy on the support team said is was due to STATIC but i'm not too sure. You are right about the length of time, i only use the PC for a couple hours eacd day.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…