Pc starts to move slow in games after 5 mins..

calinesanu2006 15:35 08 Mar 09

Hello , I have a problem and I dont know what to do.
I used to play games like far cry 2 at maximum graphic without problems and after a while i bought a flat screen monitor and installed a old game , star wars battlefront 2 . I started to play it at maximum graphic and after 1-2 mins pc shut down.I opened far cry 2 at maximum graphic and it worked just fine , for some reason the other game wich was older made the pc shut down. One day I wanted to try to play it at minimum , and after 30 mins or so pc shut down again. When i opened far cry or wow pc started to move slow after 5 mins in any game . But not on the internet or so , just in games . I scanned pc for viruses , malware, and i couldnt find anything any ideas what I could do?

brundle 15:47 08 Mar 09

Make sure your graphics card is not overheating, make sure you have the latest drivers for it.
Keep a track of graphics card temps with this; click here

Odd that an older game shuts the PC down sooner, perhaps it taxes your CPU more than your GPU, so check the temperatures of that too; click here

citadel 16:47 08 Mar 09

your graphics card may not be able to cope with the higher resolution of your new monitor. a better card may be needed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…