pc starts up on its own

paranothandy 22:48 11 May 03

I have advent with xp installed , when I shut down for a break on standby, if the telephone rings , or I
pick uo phone to use it , it starts up pc.
then the first time I shut it on standby after 2/3 secs it restarts itself , the second time it shuts down proper .untill the phone rings!!!

powerless 22:53 11 May 03

The starting up problem is because you have the computer to "wake up on modem" (or something similiar)

When your computer is starting keep tapping the DELETE key and you will be in what is known as the BIOS. There will be a setting that "wakes up" the computer - just find this setting.

Look for "Wake up on modem" or "Wake up on LAN" Set it to disable.

Then exit the BIOS. But make sure you SAVE the change.

If its a brand new machine phone the people where yopu got it from and let them sort it out (PCWORLD?)

lixdexik 23:10 11 May 03

Hi paranothandy. I see you have posted this question 3 times now.. If you find your question has not been answered, then rather than posting again, just respond to you own question by typing anything into the message box. other users often just type refresh or try again, anything realy.. and when you post your response your thread goes back to the top of the first page again... hope this helps... as to the problem... I will let others comment on that... all the best...

cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…