PC Speakers

JOHNNYBOY2308 14:54 30 Nov 04

Help !! I am looking to buy some speakers as I plan to use my PC as a home juke box kind of thing. The range seems huge and I'm clueless, I'm looking for a decent sound around the £100-£200 mark. Also is an additional soundcard recommended ?

pj123 15:53 30 Nov 04

JOHNNYBOY2308, personally I don't think any PC speakers are Hi-Fi quality, but some hi-fi buffs on the Forum may know different, which may entail getting a really good soundcard.

plsndrs3 16:02 30 Nov 04

My only comment is that I recently upgraded my speakers for the same reason - but only to a £15 set from PCW!

Would have honestly thought that, if you're going to spend that kind of money on speakers, an upgrade to a high quality soundcard would be a must to get the full benefit.

Anyhow, this posting will put your question back towards the top of the list!

Paul

Spanglish 16:11 30 Nov 04

There are so many variables , such what size room? What Size speakers do you want or can you fit ? I have a small setup ( with boom box and 4 small speakers from Altec lansing ) which if need be, I can drown out the Mobile Disco's ( I live in North London )! But ...the ultimate choice is yours. But ... stick to well known names as some of the 'computer speakers' are.... if you get my meaning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…