PC at snails pace

digitaldilema 19:12 20 Aug 03

Can anyone help! it has just taken me 20 minutes to get onto this site. Every site i now try to visit comes up with cannot find server. It used to be really fast, but now it's so frustrating. I have a Packard Bell iconnect 800 mhz pc with 250mg ram a 20 gb hard drive, windows xp installed and NTL broadband at 150mb. I have tried a system restore going back to when i know it was fast, but even then it was as it is now. It is driving me nuts, i am losing patience with it and patience is something i lack. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimv7 19:22 20 Aug 03

Ad-aware from click here

Spybot from click here

install then update before running these.

Sounds as if your puter is clogged down with spyware ans ad ware.

jojo_1 19:23 20 Aug 03

Mine is exactly the same, I have NTL 1 meg and I was beginning to think it was my modem at fault.
Anyway I rang NTL and their server seems to have been having problems for the last few days.

digitaldilema 19:49 20 Aug 03

jimv7, i have downloaded both your recommendations, adaware found 96 whatever they are it finds and deleted them.It does seem alittle faster, but maybe it's as jojo_1 says and it's NTL's server. I will have to bide my time, i think i'll watch the film at 9.00pm instead. Thanks for your help jimv7 and jojo_1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…