pc slows down

redsusan 08:35 20 Nov 05

when i first start my pc in the morning it runs great, as the hours tick by it gets real slow. is this normal? i have broadband.
windows xp pro.
Thank's

wee eddie 08:44 20 Nov 05

Just the other day, I took my Advert and Pop-up blockers down to view a site of a useful but unsuitable nature.

After leaving the site, I for got to reinstate them and run the usual scans. I was rushing off to a game of Curling.

For the next couple of days I could not understand why everything was going so slowly. Then I remembered.

Blockers back up.

Scans run and Ad-ware deleted.

Surfing up to speed again.

redsusan 08:54 20 Nov 05

Thank's wee eddie, I run AV Ad-ware spybot and a-squared nearly every day, but the problem continues.

Skyver 09:15 20 Nov 05

When it gets slow right click the taskbar and select Task Manager - look at what processes are using the biggest percentage of CPU time. It's only a rudimentary indication but it would give more to go on.

Cybermaxx 10:55 20 Nov 05

You aren't a Tiscali customer by any chance, are you? I, and a number of other people (see other topics), have had a harrowing week of terribly slow web surfing. Especially at peak times. Seems okay now, though.......

redsusan 11:06 20 Nov 05

where do i find Task Manager?
No i'm with BT ,
I'm Pretty sure it's something i'm not doing right,
when i asked my local pc repair man he said it's your software , but that means nothing to me
Will appreciate any help,

Skyver 11:19 20 Nov 05

Press Ctrl Alt and Delete together once and it should appear.
Just to clarify, we are talking computer speed and not browsing/internet speed aren't we?

Cybermaxx 11:37 20 Nov 05

I assumed from the "I have broadband" statement, that it was to do with browsing........

Skyver 11:50 20 Nov 05

That makes sense, could mean either eh

redsusan 13:22 20 Nov 05

Dont know what's going on . it took an age to load this page , please help.

Cybermaxx 13:41 20 Nov 05

You could try running a few speed tests to see if your connection is up to scratch.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…