PC is slowing down!

richbowenuk` 22:35 02 Nov 05

Since the middle of last week I have noticed that my PC gradually slows down the more I use it each day! I have cleaned the PC, checked for spyware, checked for virus and cleaned the internet cache etc. However during the day I stop being able to open up new windows or pop ups and I gradually have to close browser windows down in order to get things to open!

Any ideas on why this could be? I recently downloaded zonealarms firewall but that seems to be ok, I also don't have microsoft antispyware running anymore but I do have Spyware detector running.

VoG II 22:36 02 Nov 05

Which Spyware detector?

VoG II 22:38 02 Nov 05

If Spy Detector click here

LivEviL 22:39 02 Nov 05

first of all check how much ram you have and how full your hard drive is as the applications you are opening may be using hard drive space coz they'v ran out of ram! also try defragmenting ur Hard drive. also delete all your temp files as they will take up room on the pc and make sure any programms uv uninstalled have been uninstalled correctly! you can try ashampoo windows optimizer (its prob on a download on this site its been reviewed before) and also my personal choice advanced system optimizer that seems to do the trick!

LivEviL 22:40 02 Nov 05

oh and odviously make sure ur upto date on virus and spyware deffonistions as you may have a encountered one of them! and clear all cookies as they dont help!

richbowenuk` 22:42 02 Nov 05

Its called SPYWAREDETECTOR!

woodchip 23:08 02 Nov 05

Start in safe mode and defrag the Hard Drive

richbowenuk` 12:08 03 Nov 05

Will try the safe mode option but I've got executive diskeeper on my pc so hopefully its not a defrag that needs doing!

Any other ideas?

PaulB2005 12:27 03 Nov 05

According to click here

Spyware Detector spywaredetector.net false positives work as goad to purchase [A: 7-10-05 / U: 7-10-05]

Ditch it and use Adaware click here and SpyuwareBlaster click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…