pc slow

blueforever 19:46 08 Oct 07

thanks to all for your help tried optimizer had a lot of errors fixed all but still very slow even doing scan with avast r spy bot takes ages tried spycather few errors all fixed still very slow driving me potty any more ideas thanks

mrwoowoo 20:27 08 Oct 07

Anything to do with adobe can slow a pc right down,due to updating and the amount of system resources it hogs. .My pc was crawling untill i uninstalled all things adobe.
Also zone alarm can cause a pc to be slow to load and uses a fair bit of system resources.
Without more info i have nothing else i'm afraid.

click here
take a look there. it has a pdf tweak guide for download.. for vista and xp ..a very extensive resorce. be warned though there are some registry tweaks so back up and be carefull :) kind regards akanic

birdface 10:56 09 Oct 07

This from the other thread. click here Hi what Firewall do you use,And the speed test that I gave ,what speed did it show.

exodus 16:27 10 Oct 07

Hi, you need to establish if you have just a slow computer, or a slow internet connection or perhaps both.

Assuming you are using XP, then initially, I suggest rebooting the computer, immediately open Task Manager/ Processes tab and note how many processes are running. Then open the Performance tab and make a note of the cpu usage.

How much RAM is installed? XP needs at least 512 MBs or it will be sluggish.

Let us know the results.

Clapton is God 20:10 10 Oct 07
  JasonZBell 04:25 06 May 08

Here is a good site to reference for advice on how to speed up your PC.

click here

birdface 14:10 06 May 08

Is there any reason why you are going round opening old threads.Last month it was Supertechgeek now you, just wondering if you are one and the same person.Is it an advertising ploy or are you just interested in helping.I have my doubts but maybe the Forum Editor will be monitoring it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple