PC for Simulators - I need opinions

HenryVII 13:29 28 Aug 07

I use my PC for home office stuff, browsing the Web, and Simulator Games (Trainz at the moment). I need a new PC and I've read the PCA October reviews, especially the Arbico CD-8870 and the Mesh Elite Quad Express-PCA. Any advice would be welcome. Incidentally, I don't get excited by expensive sound hardware - can't use surround sound on my site, so "reasonable" is good enough - visual bit is much more important.

Baz48 15:02 28 Aug 07

Have a look at click here.
I paid £1200 for a base unit ( no monitor or keyboard and onboard sound). Spec. is Intel E6700, 4Gb Corsair DDR 800 Nvidia 8800GTX 768Mb graphics card and 750W power supply.

This will run most of the simulators but still struggles to run MS Filght simulator X at a decent frame rate.

Perhaps the most important item for simulators is the monitor so I have the 24" Benq 1900 x 1220 res. which I can highly reccommend.

I can also reccommend Cougar as my system came within three days and is very well biult.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…