pc shutting it self down

bobsta 20:55 06 Mar 05

hi i have a asus A7N8X-X motherboard and have fitted a 2800+xp amd processor to it when i turn it on it starts and about 5 seconds later it turns off all the fans run ok but the hdd doesnt spin up
can any one help me

Never again 20:58 06 Mar 05

Do you get any beeps on startup

bobsta 21:00 06 Mar 05

no

Gongoozler 21:29 06 Mar 05

First check that all cables and connectores are full y home. Next check that the new processor is making good contact with the heatsink and that you haven't bent any pins. Also check that you PSU is powerful enough for the new processor.

If that doesn't help, then remove everything from the motherboard except the ATX power connector, processor with heatsink, power switch and case speaker. You should then get an error beep to tell you that there is no memory or graphics card. If you don't, unscrew the motherboard and place it on a sheet of card or other insulating material. If you still get no joy, then the problem has to be in the motherboard, case speaker, power switch, PSU or processor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…