PC Shutsdown

I'm running a Mesh laptop with ME, M Works and M Office 2000, with a few other minor programmes, such as Incredimail, Snood. I'm also running Spybot SD, Zone Alarm, Stinger and Mcaffe AV (slightly paranoid). Since, I became paranoid and installed all sorts of search and destroy applications I have noticed that my computer shuts down (as if the socket has been pulled out of the wall) when the computer is inactive (in the physical sense) i.e. not using the mouse or, keyboard. This is particularly noticeable when doing AV scans. It means that I'm never able to complete a scan before it shuts down. I have checked my power options and extended them as far as they will go, hibernate is disabled as is standby. Laptop fan seems to be working (at least it's making a noise) so assume it's not overheating.

Any suggestions please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…