PC shuts down when I am playing a game

Hi I have been using my PC for about two months now and it has been working fine but recently everytime I play a game it will shut down after a couple of minutes, the lights on the tower like the power button light is still on and the fans are working but there is no sound or picture. I think that it might be the PSU or my computer is overheating but I am not sure which one. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

wee eddie 17:40 02 May 16

Was it new when you got it?

wee eddie 12:45 03 May 16

Thanks for the email but it's better to reply on the Forum. Then everyone knows your answer.

The PC was about 2 years old when I got it.

I think that the first thing you have to think about is whether there has been a build up of dust inside which will be clogging the cooling system.

There are numerous threads about cleaning the inside of a PC and it's really simple, once you've got the case open. But remember ~ Don't stick anything into the Power Supply, even when the PC's turned off and unplugged, the Condensers can give you a very considerable shock. The second thing is to take it into the open air before you start blowing anything, or you will make a serious mess and you will not be popular with whoever cleans the house.

I managed to buy a new PSU but that did not help but I did manage to fix it, but I tried a couple of things before I started playing another game so I am not sure what fixed it but thanks for the replies.

monim12 20:53 03 May 16

I also think it's an issue of overheating. Maybe you should change the place where you are currently putting your CPU. See if the problem still persist.

lotvic 21:28 03 May 16

IMHO 'twould be best if monim12 put brain in gear before posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes