PC Shuts down for no reason...

RobCharles1981 19:27 11 Oct 05

Since evesham returned my PC from an RMA now and again its been shutting down, all the fans on the Motherboard turn fine, its like if I'm using any spyware checker the PC just shuts down, any ideas too what it could, because I'm sending it back too evesham this week, I'm running the AMD 64 3000 and wondering how much of a difference I would see if I get the AMD 64 3800 DT CPU ??

RobCharles1981 22:12 11 Oct 05

Anyones thoughts ??

VoG II 22:15 11 Oct 05

Check the temperatures click here

There must be a reason, you just don't know what it is yet.

RobCharles1981 22:29 11 Oct 05

At the moment I have the PC out in the open where its getting good cool air but it still manages too be stupid, when the PC is in the desk were I store it the PSU is really warm

woodchip 22:39 11 Oct 05

Putting a Computer in one of those Computer cubby holes is asking for trouble. Bet it's in a corner to top it all

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:39 11 Oct 05

Corrupt driver files is another possibility

driving man 22:44 11 Oct 05

Rob, does your Pc Plug directly into a wall socket or do you use an extension lead.
If A lead are you by any chance moving it by accident or perhaps just a faulty lead. Sometimes one has to start from basics
Good luck

RobCharles1981 22:57 11 Oct 05

Fruit Bat - Don't think its Faulty driver files
WoodChip - if my computer is out of the desk then why is it shutting down? It has too be a dodgy PSU or something?
Driving Man - I have an extention lead

driving man 23:19 11 Oct 05

Rob, try another lead or if possible move PC to a wall socket to eliminate power problems before they get to your PC

woodchip 23:23 11 Oct 05

To me it looks like Heat as you suspect

adamh87 23:38 11 Oct 05

Also another problem as i recently found out is if you have two different types of RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…