PC Shuts down after a long period of Time

RobCharles1981 23:07 25 Sep 05

Can anyone advise of this? What could be causing my Computer Shutdown so often ?

Forum Editor 23:16 25 Sep 05

it could be any one of many reasons, and we'll need a bit more information before we can offer any help.

1. How old is the computer?

2. Which operating system is installed?

3. When it shuts down, are you doing anything, or does happen just as much when you're not using the computer?

4. If it happens when you are using the computer, is there any particular pattern - does one action seem to trigger it?

5. After a shut-down, does the machine start normally?

RobCharles1981 23:31 25 Sep 05

The Machine is an Evesham and its 3 years old, I have XP Pro with Service Pack 2 Installed, It recently went back for an RMA repair and they replaced the PSU and Mainboard and I noticed they upgraded the BIOS havent done nothing as such, when I put my PC back in the desk hole it began too get very warm and eventualy shut down, and I was able too start back up with no problems, I rang an evesham spokesman and he suggested too move the PC forward a few inches but that didnt help, so I moved the PC out side of the desk and runs ok, but after such a long period it just shuts down

RobCharles1981 12:33 26 Sep 05

Any Suggestions ?

woodchip 12:38 26 Sep 05

The Heat is the Answer

MAJ 12:44 26 Sep 05

Try running the PC with the side off, if it cures the problem, install a couple of case fans, or generally try to improve the airflow through the case.

RobCharles1981 15:03 26 Sep 05

It looks too me it could be a PSU problem myself the Gril fan for the PSU doesnt seem too be turning as much so Ile get onto evesham too send me out a replacement, the PC now is out side the desk.

RobCharles1981 16:38 26 Sep 05

So Should I ask evesham too send me out a replacement PSU ??

woodchip 16:41 26 Sep 05

Yes if the Fan is only slow and you cannot feel much air from it

RobCharles1981 19:20 26 Sep 05

thanks for the advice Ile get onto them

RobCharles1981 14:43 29 Sep 05

It shut down again twice last night, I removed the side pannel it works fine this is the email from evesham that I had.

Dear Mr Charles

Thank you for your e-mail of 27th September

Run it without the case on. Does it still shut down? It’s highly unlike that a PSU will cause this and we are not going to send you one to test.

You currently have 2700 memory fitted so you should use these if you want to keep the current memory otherwise yes 3200 will work.

There is no printed manual. You can download this in PDF form from click here you have the MSI K8N NEO2 motherboard.

Yours sincerely

What do I do ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…