PC shuts down after installing latest updates

Blubottle 12:34 PM 27 Jun 11

Hi/ My win 7 pc has just downloaded and installed the latest batch of updates. The problem is that after appox 15 mins my pc shuts down, upon reboot I am told it did not shut down correctly ect. help please

birdface 15:00 PM 27 Jun 11

Try starting in safe mode and see if it works.Just keep tapping F8 or F5 as the computer starts.

If it opens you have the options off.Last good configuration.System Restore.system repair.

Blubottle 16:19 PM 27 Jun 11

thanks, I will try that, it is stable in safe mode though

birdface 16:37 PM 27 Jun 11

Try the ones I mentioned one at a time to see if any of them lets you boot up properly.

I suppose you could also try command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and see if it finds any problems.

You do not need the W7 Cd to run that.

Blubottle 17:21 PM 28 Jun 11

many thanks one and all, it looks like the hot weather was to blame, it happened to be a coincidence that these random shut down's started after the MS updates had loaded as I said in my original post, my little bedroom / office got very hot 30+ on Monday now it's cooler no more problem's. regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know