PC Shuts Down

My PC keeps turning itself off and restarting. It seems to do it when its been on a while or when I am multitasking. Maybe the CPU is faulty and getting too hot. All fans are ok and vents vclear. How do I find out what exactly is at fault?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 03 Aug 08

certainly sounds like heat

try monitoring the temperatures
CPU temperatures
click here
click here
Speedfan click here

€dstowe 15:19 03 Aug 08

It does suggest overheating. Have you cleared the accumulated dust and grime from the fins of the heatsink(s) and from all the fan blades?

I have installed Speed Fan. What now!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:19 03 Aug 08

watch the temperatures when you are multitasking, do they go high?

What is high? The core says 44 degrees I guess that is CPU.

I am still not nearer as to finding out what the fault is. Any more ideas please?

woodchip 18:37 03 Aug 08

44 should be ok. But as above I will go along with Heat. Try taking the Side of the computer as During hot weather it can build up. I run my main comp with both sides off, about the last two years

thms 18:54 03 Aug 08

While removing the sides may help it will also reduce the efficiency of your fans. The sides are required to be on so that the fans can draw air over your motherboard and components.

I would agree this seems like an overheating problem. keep the temp monitor on for a while and check or variations on temp, cpu is not the only thing that can overheat. The hd and motherboard are also prone to this.

woodchip 19:01 03 Aug 08

Well my heat was building up in hot weather before, it doesn’t now

thms 19:20 03 Aug 08

I wasn't implying removing the sides wouldn't work. I have done it myself on an old computer, but found adding another case fan worked better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…