PC Shutdown closure question

muscic lover 16:11 08 Feb 07

Now call me mad (thanks) but I cant figure out how to get my PC to turn off by itself when I finish.
I get a screen that says it is now safe to turn off your PC and i have to hit the power on button.
Where are the settings to get this so that when I'm done the PC turns itself off?
I use windows Xp and am reasonalbly PC savvy (except this little bug bear!!).

I like my hair as it is and would like to keep it, but it is at risk of being 'removed'. Thank you in advance...

Over to you guys and girls.

Technotiger 16:13 08 Feb 07

Hi, click on Start, then on Turn Off Computer,
then on the window that appears in the middle of screen choose Shutdown. You may have to open the drop-down menu with the little arrow-head.

Technotiger 16:14 08 Feb 07

ps - without doing the above, it will not turn off by itself.

VoG II 16:14 08 Feb 07

click here and scroll down to 'Powerdown Issues'.

muscic lover 16:15 08 Feb 07

eek! no little arrowhead visible!

sinbads 16:17 08 Feb 07
  Technotiger 16:18 08 Feb 07

If you have the Orange Red and Green icons then you just choose which one you want - in which case yhere is no little arrow-head. That was why I said you 'may have to ....'

muscic lover 16:24 08 Feb 07

Its done it,

Wow, isnt automation great
Many thanks gang!

T0SH 16:45 08 Feb 07

Try this open device manager click on the plus sign to the left of Computer you will most likely see "Standard PC" right click and choose Properties , on the drivers tab chose "Update Driver",select "No not this time" click Next select "Install from a list or specific location (advanced)" click Next "Don`t search I will choose the driver to install" click Next Check that the "Show compatible hardware" box it ticked ,highlight to select
Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)PC from the list clicking next should stat the driver install which with a bit of luck should fix your problem

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…