pc showing wrong processor speed

johnnyrocker 20:17 21 Jan 05

not sure if the above is the right way to put this but on boot up the system says my processor is an amd 1245 mhz i know this is wrong because when i had a crash earlier last year the friend who fixed it for me bought a 2.2 ghz which was recognised by the system initially but some months later after a seperate issue where i got a bad checksum error i selected load defaults and carry on ( i think this is when it happened), just ran everest for another problem and that states the same processor type, my question is am i losing anything by the system being like this and if so how can i correct it easily?

johnny.

Noelg23 21:34 21 Jan 05

only a guess with this one...but I would check the BIOS settings...maybe something there has been corrupt...perhaps making it go faster has done something to it...get in touch with your friend and see what he says...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:28 21 Jan 05

default settings run everything at the slowest rate to protect the system you will need to reset the Bios to get the cpu to run at the correct speed.

click here

johnnyrocker 23:39 21 Jan 05

there would seem to be a degree of misunderstanding noelg23 it has not been tweaked to go faster ( nowhere near clever enough ) or anything like that, my thanks for your input fruitbat but the link means not a lot to me at all so i am still stuck, but if no harm is being done i shall leave alone as long as i am not losing out on speeds etc.

thanks anyway.

johnny.

Julemand 23:39 21 Jan 05

I had the same problem. The bus speed of the processer was set wrong in the bios. In my case I had a 1800 MHZ the bus speed was set to 100 MHZ instead of 133 MHZ so the processer was showing as 1150 MHZ. DDR ram so bus speeds are doubled 200 MHZ instead of 266 MHZ. I hope I have explained this ok.

johnnyrocker 23:44 21 Jan 05

well you may have to someone more literate but tis way above me but i thank you for your efforts.

johnny,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:50 21 Jan 05

The link shows the settings for All AMD CPUs

FSB frontside bus is probably what you need to change in BIOS to get the speed right.

May try OPTIMAL settings if you have that option.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:51 21 Jan 05

BIOS Settings explained
click here

johnnyrocker 23:58 21 Jan 05

i appreciate all the offers/suggestions which would take me into, for me, unknown territory and if i am not losing any benefit of performance will prob leave alone unless there would be a significant benefit to carrying out the suggested options.

cheers.

johnny.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 00:02 22 Jan 05

May be time to learn?

johnnyrocker 00:07 22 Jan 05

not appreciated, am i losing any benefit or not by the system stating things as they are?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…