PC set-top box

  ppapadixie 05:39 25 Oct 07

My Philips Freevents PC has a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 67xx "capture device"
I can recieve analogue TV in media centre (Vista) but I would like Freeview.
I don't have a scart socket on my PC so how would I connect a set-top box to my computer?
Can anyone recommend a suitable model of set-top box?
Vista says that an IR control cable should be correctly positioned for each(?) set-top box. Does this mean Infra Red?

  wolfie3000 07:37 25 Oct 07

Most set top boxes work, i have a philips set top box i got from argos for around £20.

Hooking it up couldnt be easier, first buy a scart lead like this one,

click here

Then connect the scart end to the set top box and the other three phono connectors to your WinTV card,

Next Plug in your I/R device into your usb socket on your pc and connect the little I/R sensor to the set top box (it should have a sticky side, stick it on the set top box where the I/R signal is received).

Next go into media centre and set up the remote control so that media centre can use the media centre remote for the freeview box, also set up the channels ect...

Oh and yes I/R means infra red.

Try this set top box, it should work no problem with media centre.

click here

  wolfie3000 07:45 25 Oct 07

Oh BTW this is the image quality i get from mine on full screen.

click here

Everyones favorite host, Captain slow. lol

  wolfie3000 07:57 25 Oct 07

Heres a good site for Media centre users.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…