PC Security

LewWeb 11:44 21 Jun 06

Having tried various anti-spam, spyware and firewall systems there does'nt seem to be a programme which COMPLETELY eliminates unwarranted, unsolicited, and I hasten to add, obnoxious e-mails.
There must be something which is foolproof?
Any ideas anyone?

mattyc_92 11:51 21 Jun 06

Nothing is foolproof.
You need to choose good anti-virus tools, firewalls, etc.. and use your commonsense

If you don't use commonsense, there is no program in the world that can protect you...

rodriguez 11:56 21 Jun 06

If it can stop me gaining access to your machine it is foolproof - as I am a fool :-D But as Matt says you just need to use common sense and run scans all the time and make sure it's always updated and you have a very good level of protection. Just think of all the poor sods out there who don't bother with firewalls and anti-virus - they will be a much likely target than you are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…