Is PC secure

Hetti 11:19 19 Apr 09

I have one desktop PC which is connected to my modem and router, I then have two laptops sharing the same named connection (D-LINK router) when I check the connetion on Desktop and one laptop is says "secure network" however on the second laptop is says "unsecured network"
Why would this be? as I said they all seem to be on the same network.

Any help appriecated

mgmcc 20:42 20 Apr 09

Have you changed the SSID (network name) in your router from the default name to a name of your own? This would ensure that both Laptops are definitely connecting to your own router and not to a neighbour's D-Link router with the same default SSID.

Hetti 10:44 21 Apr 09

mgmcc
Yes we changed the network name to my christian name... desktop and 1 laptop show my name and SECURE network but 2nd laptop shows my name and UNSECURED network, the only other avaiable connetion is my next door neighbour (different name) and it is secure, so Im not connecting to her router.

mgmcc 11:04 21 Apr 09

Have you actually enabled WEP or WPA encryption in the Router's wireless security settings? If so, in the Laptop that shows the network as "unsecured", try deleting the existing wireless profile click here and then go through the procedure to "Connect" again, entering the WEP/WPA key when prompted.

Hetti 14:27 21 Apr 09

mgmcc
Thanks, hubby did change some settings from default to my name,so maybe that is as you say the problem, I cannot get to the laptop in question until later today so I will try your suggestion.

Ill let you know!

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…