Pc screen randomly turns black.

MrBench 12:17 PM 17 Feb 12

Hi, been having this issue recently, it seemed at first that it only happened while i was browsing the web,but today it even started to happen when playing games, its happens completely at random,it can even start at the games start menu. The screen turns black ( or other colour, depends on software iam using atm ) there is no sound through speakers, and the pc doesnt reeboot, i tried reinstalining/updating video card drivers,but no luck. I have a XFX 6790 card, Asus M5A78L MB, G skill ripjaw rams 8gb, and a 750 w psu, a 970 amd phenom with a custom cooler, and one of the hdd is a seagate baracuda, the others i have no idea.i would like to know what causes to problem, because yesterday i left the pc on for the whole night with google chrome opened and bf3 running, waked up this morning it was still running,

spuds 12:26 PM 17 Feb 12

Have you installed any new software, hardware or updates recently?.

What's the operating system, you are using?.

What's the monitor type, make, model?.

MrBench 12:38 PM 17 Feb 12

Yes infact i installed windows updates, 57 of them to be exact, other than that no. Monitor is fine, when the error happens i tried to unplug the monitors cable, it turned black and said check signal cable as it should do.But juts incase i have a samsung syncmaster 2333hd.

spuds 13:19 PM 17 Feb 12

57 updates to what operating system. XP, Vista, W7 (32/64 bits)?.

MrBench 17:51 PM 17 Feb 12

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Ps: The keybord isnt responding aswell,when it happens.

matt2000 09:11 AM 18 Feb 12

same with my vista 32 bit laptop. i guess the system hibernates automatically or it is a bug in an update.

MrBench 11:38 AM 18 Feb 12

I set a system restore yesterday,after the restore the windows wouldn't start at all, so i had to reinstall the whole thing, i installed the professional edition of windows 7, but the problem is still there, i noticed that it only happens as i type letters in let's say facebook, and when iam loading/refreshing the page. Rand a memtest but nothing showed up,the event log isnt showing anything of importance, other than something about drivers, but those were updated.i honestly don't know why its doing this. If the pc itself wouldn't freeze up then it would defo be the video card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…