PC Screen Goes Blank Randomly

mykalbuckle 19:09 12 Mar 14
Answered

So here's my problem,

Sometimes just the screen goes off and sometimes the whole pc goes off, no reboot just shuts off and will not switch back on again for a couple of minutes, the later hasn't happened last few times, it also has nothing at all to do with load I can be gaming, social networking or just tinkering around on my desktop.

Memtest says my memory is good, many different programs including those provided by my hardware show no overheating of any kind in anything, everything appears to fine and sometimes the pc stays on with no issues for a couple of days (I do switch off overnight).

Any idea's anyone

P.S. problem only started after gpu driver update (Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti), re-installing the old driver did nothing nor did a complete re-install of windows 7 64 bit, problem still persists.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:32 12 Mar 14

whole pc goes off, no reboot just shuts off and will not switch back on again for a couple of minutes

If its not overheating then next thought is filing PSU.

mykalbuckle 20:59 12 Mar 14

That was my first thought too but sometimes just the screen goes off and the system appears to still be running although I have no way of telling whats going because I cant see anything. If it is the PSU I'm more than a little annoyed its barely 2 months old. I have another brand new PSU so I'll swap them out tomorrow, I also have a new GPU on its way, so I can swap that too.

I'm kind of just shooting in the dark, totally baffled

mykalbuckle 21:00 12 Mar 14

That was my first thought too but sometimes just the screen goes off and the system appears to still be running although I have no way of telling whats going because I cant see anything. If it is the PSU I'm more than a little annoyed its barely 2 months old. I have another brand new PSU so I'll swap them out tomorrow, I also have a new GPU on its way, so I can swap that too.

I'm kind of just shooting in the dark, totally baffled

mykalbuckle 15:48 14 Mar 14
Answer

Re-installed windows, didn't update Nvidia drivers, problem appears to have gone away

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…