PC / Sat Nav issue

Stowit 15:19 09 Feb 07

I've just bough Sony's NVU50 & cant get it to connect to my PC. Firstly I got an error message stating Msvcr80.dll was missing, that I found & replaced (from the internet).I also removed Windows defender. This allowed me to install Activesync. Then I kept being told device not found, & the unit states no connection. I've even tried a different cable - no joy. I tried the latest version of active sync & various re-installations but ended up system restoring getting me back to the original issue. Anyone any ideas? Sony have been hopeless, their customer services saying send it back, but I don't believe it's faulty, it's a software problem.

Stowit 12:45 10 Feb 07

Sorry, I didn't say, I'd tried turning it off, but I beggard about that much, I cant recall at what point. I'll do so again then try installing. Thanks.

Stowit 14:17 12 Feb 07

Well, I should have learned by now. I uninstalled Windows defender, turned off my Firewall, Active sync installed first attempt. Pluged my Nav u into the adaptor / PC & it & my pc have established cordial relations. Hurray. I own lots of Sony stuff, & have always managed without having to ring customer services. This was the first time, they let me down badly, being truely hopeless, passing me from one number to another - with no helpful advice.
Anyway Thanks Beta

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5