pc running too slow

DRFUMMEL77 18:10 25 Mar 03

I wonder if anyone can help?I am running windows xp on a new computer,and just recently the whole system has slowed down to a snails pace.The strange thing about it,is that once my broadband connection kicks in,the rest of the pc runs at normal speed.I have tried defragmenting the hard disk,also tried system restore a number of times,but nothing works.I have started to wonder if maybe a virus has managed to get through somehow,as my cursor arrow has started moving upwards all on its own,although this seems unlikely as i have a full Norton anti-virus software package installed.Please can you help!

professor 19:22 25 Mar 03

have you actually noticed how many winxp problems this forum has? i dont think you have a virus but i think winxp has gone wrong AGAIN and you can either to a fresh install of everything or get a better OS win98se for example,in fact i will only use 98se it may not be as "secure" in its "stand alone" state but install a good virus detector along with any patches and its better than xp anyday

prof

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…