PC running slow and possibly warm.

Sparkly 10:19 03 Jan 07

Hi guys and a happy new year to all,i have been asked by an inlaw to take a look at his dell dimension 4550 by an inlaw he says that it is sluggish and sometimes would not power up, asto the powering issue i think i have overcome that he had the H/d turn off after 30 mins system standby after 45 mins and hibernation after 1hr since i have set these to never it powers up and shuts down ok and more to the point powers up again, As to the being slow he has all the family with thier own user accounts 5 in total and they all have different settings all with the screen coverd in shortcuts,
It's a Dell Dimension 4550 windows XP SP2
Intel P4 478 pin pga 2.53ghz
765mb pc2700 DDR SDRAM
16mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra AGP Graphics card
60 gig H/d i have allso ran everest home edition and the CPU is running at a temperture of 39-42 degrees there is no added fan ontop of the cpu just the heatsink. Any help would be great.

Technotiger 11:04 03 Jan 07

Hi, running slow? with all that going on sounds ok to me, could probably go a bit faster with more RAM though, as much as the mobo can take. Also perhaps a bit of disk maintenance might speed things up a little, i.e. regular defrags etc.

It is not running too warm - temps are quite normal.

Cheers

Sparkly 11:26 03 Jan 07

Thanks for that Technotiger i was unsure about the temp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now