PC running slow

cassybelle 13:01 05 Dec 06

I have a new PC 2 months old and since Norton ran out yesterday it has been really slow. I deleted Norton completly and down loaded the Blueyonder PC Guard, could this be connected to the fact things are so slow?

Aargh 13:21 05 Dec 06

Firstly, if only 2 months old is it under warranty, and if so is there any free support you can get there - if you've paid for a warranty/support why not use it!

Secondly, there could be a conflict with Norton and other software installed since.

If you are happy to download new software and confident to try setting things up yourself, try these free down loads:

Advanced Windows Care - general system maintenance
click here

Ccleaner - cleans all the unwanted C**p off your system
click here

Startup Inspector - settings to load only the programs you need at start up
click here

Have fun!

Aargh 13:22 05 Dec 06

PS - await a response from other users on what free AV/firewall software you can download.

cassybelle 13:50 05 Dec 06

Thanks, downloaded the C**p cleaner and things seem better

keef66 16:24 05 Dec 06

You say you deleted Norton. Did you remove it via Add / Remove Programs, or does it have it's own uninstall program?

Free AV I use AVG

Free Firewall I use Zone Alarm

bluto1 22:31 05 Dec 06

You should also know what XP can do. Next time you want to do a swift clean-up try Start>All programs>Accessories> System Tools>Disc Cleanup.
It`s a handy little program. `Luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…