PC Running Slow

Robotic_Rob 22:24 25 Sep 05

Hey,
Recently just over night my machine has really slowed down. Is they any program that can test each piece of hardware, where i can compare the results against a good hardware that is exactly the same. So i can find out which is causing the problem in my pc.

Also every now and then i get the blue screen of death when loading windows. And then the pc restarts its self before loading the windows log in screen.

Do you think the 2 problems are related?

Cheers

Rob

VoG II 22:37 25 Sep 05

More likely a software problem. Scan with these click here click here

Robotic_Rob 22:41 25 Sep 05

I had my hdd wiped and it was even running slow then after windows was up and running.

Ad-aware, Spyware blaster, norton and zone alarm hasnt picked up any virus's by the way.

MAJ 22:42 25 Sep 05

I agree with VoG™, it's probably software related, try a System Restore (if you're using XP or ME) to a date prior to the problem occurring. Also take the tune-up tests on PCPitstop, just to test out your system anyway. click here

Robotic_Rob 23:36 25 Sep 05

Hey, i tried that click here that MAJ suggested and it said that the uncached speed on my hdd is 3mb/s. When for a pc with my spec it should be about 40mb/s.

Can i trust this to be correct?

My hdd is a Maxtor 6Y120M0.

Cheers

Rob

Robotic_Rob 23:40 25 Sep 05

Also i have a second hdd that is the same make and model and it has a uncached speed of 30mb/s.

So it cant be my pc running slower than what the website things it is. But do you think because i am using the hdd to run windows, it will make the proformance results go right down.

cheers

rob

Robotic_Rob 22:52 26 Sep 05

anyone ?

VoG II 22:56 26 Sep 05

Try running a test at click here

Robotic_Rob 22:58 26 Sep 05

If you read what i have replied with. You will find ive already done that and im askin your opinion on the results.

Robotic_Rob 23:01 26 Sep 05

Also i have a second hdd that is the same make and model and it has a uncached speed of 30mb/s.

So it cant be my pc running slower than what the website thinks it is. But do you think its a low result because i am using the hdd to run windows, might it will make the proformance results go right down.

cheers

rob

(that is what it should of said in the post above)

De Marcus™ 23:07 26 Sep 05

Check what mode windows is using to access the drive, DMA (direct memery access) or PIO mode (particuarly specific, which mode?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…