PC RUNNING SLOW

shadespug 20:16 09 Apr 05

I HAVE NOTICED THAT LATELY MY PC HAS BEEN RUNNING A LOT SLOWER THAN NORMAL, ESPECIALLY WHEN BURNING TO CD AND DVD.I HAVE ADAWARE,SPYBOT TO CHECK FOR SPYWARE BUT EVERYTHING IS OK, I ALSO HAVE CCLEANER TO CLEAN COOKIES ETC WHICH I RUN DAILY.COULD ANYONE THINK OF ANYTHING THAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS.I HAVE 31 RUNNING PROGRAMS ACCORDING TO ADAWARE WHEN I RUN IT.

mattyc_92 20:18 09 Apr 05

first of all, caps means you are shouting...

Well, when was the last time you defraged your system??? Don't use "Windows Disk Defragmenter", but instead use "Diskeeper Lite" as it is alot more powerful....

shadespug 20:30 09 Apr 05

Sorry I should have mentioned that I defraged with Windows Defragmenter 2 days ago

stalion 20:32 09 Apr 05

have you got anti-virus software?.Also do a independant scan with a2 click here

mattyc_92 20:33 09 Apr 05

OK......

How often do you use your system??? as you may have loads of Cached files....

Also, I would still use Diskeep Lite as it does a better job than windows Defrag does (and it is quicker)

mattyc_92 20:34 09 Apr 05

and do you have a firewall???

shadespug 20:36 09 Apr 05

I have AVG virus program which I have run and everything is ok,I use my PC daily

mattyc_92 20:38 09 Apr 05

OK... look in the following directory on your system "c:\windows\Prefetch" and see how much space and how many files there are there...

shadespug 20:41 09 Apr 05

I have zone alarm firewall.The windows prefetch folder is 5.82mb

shadespug 20:43 09 Apr 05

also there is 130 items in prefetch folder

stalion 20:47 09 Apr 05

Also go to run and type msconfig and have a look at what programs are ticked to run on startup,see if you have anything in there that does not look correct

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…