PC running in Fail-Safe state

zeppman 15:51 30 Apr 06

I have been hearing some intermitent noise coming from PC,Sometimes louder than others.When I tried to reboot the PC I got a message saying "system is running in fail-safe state.Please recheck -BIOS CMOS setup.I have also been hearing crackling noise coming from speakers when playing music.Have tried headphones and still get same noise.When I opened the side of PC it souded like the noise was either coming from power supply fan or the fan on the cpu.

CPU AMD Athlon64 3200
RAM (2) 1024 mb DDR PC 3200
Power Supply ATX 500w
Mother Board ABIT AX8

The PC was built less than 12 months ago by a friend with parts I bought from the net.

handy4x 16:48 30 Apr 06

sounds like the power supply failing but it could be a lose conection so disconect the pc from the mains open case and ground yourself [ i use a radiator ] and push all conections to se if they are seated properly then re boot also it would be advisable to back up all data first to cd or dvd as the supply may give out at any second

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…