pc returns to xp log on page

007robbo 09:51 12 May 05

Hi. I dont know if it really is a problem, but over night my pc has produced the habit that in times of unuse ( I haven't actually timed this but probably about 5 mins or so) it goes back to the log on page. This wasn't happening yesterday so I wondered if any one could shed some light please.

keithlik 09:55 12 May 05

What version of (?) Windows are yoiu using

keithlik 09:56 12 May 05

Have just noted your heading is XP - will contact you shortly

keithlik 09:58 12 May 05

Suggest try system restore to a backdate when all was well.

Eric10 10:09 12 May 05

Do you have a screen saver set? I ask because when my PC comes back from a screen saver it brings you to the login screen so maybe a screen saver is trying to activate but has a problem and can't run properly. Try changing to another screen saver or setting it to "None" to see if it makes any difference.

wx622 10:52 12 May 05

Have been searching the net, found one likely cause.

I do not know for sure, but this seems to be some viral activity associated with an infection through MSN. Try running Windows in safe mode. If not, if you have networkable access to another PC use a Norton disc (if you have one available: Ghost/Antivirus/Internet Security) that is bootable, and get the latest definitions from the other PC, and run a scan.

007robbo 11:58 12 May 05

I have done a system restore, this has made no difference. I dont have a screen saver or access to another pc on network. I have run an adaware, microsoft spybot and Norton scan, but still it happens :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…