PC RESTARTS BEFORE ITS EVEN ON DESK TOP

Gapper 22:53 23 Aug 06

HI I BUILT my own pc not so long ago and ever since i fisrt turned it on ive hat to press enter
after it said booting from disk , dist boot failiure insert system disk and pres enter

and i took the side panel off to clean the dust off i put it back together and now when i turned it back on it will get to the press enter bit but then restarts then i here a beep and all the lights on my keybord light up

i was told by a friend that i had a hard drive hardwere failier so i bought a new hard drive
and tried re installin windows the light comes on the drive but keep doing what it was doin before

woodchip 23:08 23 Aug 06

Disk Boot failiure could be you have not created the the Hard Drive Partition right, or it could be damaged hard drive

Gapper 23:09 23 Aug 06

but its the same with both new and old

Gapper 23:10 23 Aug 06

sorry im only 14 whats Partition

woodchip 23:15 23 Aug 06

Partition is where the hard drive info is stored. Master Boot Record or for short MBR. Did you use a XP CD to load the Operating System as this should take care of all that

Gapper 23:20 23 Aug 06

i put the xp disk in and it worked the second time and i chose to repair the disk but the pc crashed completly but no luck with the new hard drive

Gapper 23:22 23 Aug 06

it wont even start in safe mode

Gapper 23:32 23 Aug 06

please help

SANTOS7 23:40 23 Aug 06

Are you saying now your PC will not startup at all Young gapper..

Gapper 23:42 23 Aug 06

no i just have the same problem

SANTOS7 23:52 23 Aug 06

I think a format and clean install is the way to go, as woodchip sugested if the MBR is corrupt a repair does not always work..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos