PC restarts

Every few days my pc shuts itself down and restarts as if nothing has happened. This usually occurs when I'm using the Internet. AVG virus checker and Zonealarm are on.

The Event Viewer always shows an error when this happens: microsoft fax initialization/ termination and the event is numbered 32068 or 32026.

I don't need to use the PC for faxing and have removed the fax printer and modem.

The shutdowns occur when the PC has first been started. It's never happened twice in a day.

Any ideas please?

Diemmess 12:38 23 Jan 05

If you are using BB then you may as well complete the process by physically removing you old modem.

I posted your event numbers on Google and got this site click here

Is it possible to remove Microsoft Fax?

Diemmess 20:11 23 Jan 05

Not necessary, it is part of the OS installation,
but you have already removed the modem and in the hardware section of Device Manager and control panel you may be able to find a reference to Fax which you can "remove."

If you still have trouble after removing everything you can find, it may be necessary to start over by plugging in the modem again, re-installing, and then removing the software first.

Check to look for duff entries in System Config and Printers fist of all, to make sure these are not scheduled to run at the start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…