PC restarting in a loop automatically

OliW11 21:02 08 Jul 14

Hi Everyone,

I've had many problems since I first got my PC almost 4 years ago, but I'm now encountering my most irritating problem that has hit me like a brick wall! To cut the story short, my PC cuts out and restarts constantly in a loop. There is no logging off/shutting down screen or any screen at all when it happens - Just a sudden black screen, a beep, and the bios loading up as if I had just turned it on. The first time it happened which was yesterday morning, it turned on fine, logged in fine, but once it loaded my desktop everything froze with the cursor still in the circular blue loop loading position. In fact it froze instantly without me being able to move the cursor or click at all. ctrl+alt+delete didnt work - nothing responded, so I was forced to hold the power button down to restart it. When I tried again, I started it in normal mode, but it froze on a black screen after the 'windows loading' screen with the spinning windows logo and just before the login screen. So I was left with nothing on the screen but with the computer still humming away. Therefore was forced to restart it again. This time I started it up in safe mode, which worked fine. I managed to login and have a play around and everything worked fine. So restarted it properly in normal mode and actually managed to login! Without it freezing. However, a few seconds later after trying to load Chrome, it shut off to a black screen and restarted - As I stated before. So now every time I start it up it randomly decides to shut off again and restart. Sometimes before I even reach the login screen, other times just after I login, but never lasts more than 5 seconds on my desktop. However it has stopped freezing, that only happened twice. Also, it works fine in safe mode every time. I actually completely re-formated it about a month ago, I've adopted re-formatting it once or twice a year just to keep it clean and running as smooth as possible, its always done the trick, although I don't know how or why its messed up so badly so soon after! My specs are: Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Core i7 Quad Core CPU 930 @ 2.80 GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, Nvidia GTX 460 GPU, Corsair 850 watt PSU, ASUS P6X58D-E Motherboard, 150GB WD Velociraptor 10,000rpm Primary hard disk, 500GB Secondary hard disk.

Could there be a problem with one of my components which will need replacing? I just don't want to re-format again only to find the problem persists. I really hope someone can help! Thanks, Oli

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:21 08 Jul 14

it works fine in safe mode every time.

points to a corrupt driver causing the problem rather than a hardware fault.

Start in safe mode and uninstall the graphics driver restart and let windows reinstall the driver.

If still same the uninstall the drivers one at a time until it sorts the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5