pc restarting

s99Raj 09:10 31 May 05

I have a PC which just keeps restarting, always taking me back to the options of Safe Mode, Start Windows Normally, etc. None of these options do anything but restart the machine.

I have two separate hard drive images from the manufacturer and after loading either (which is supposed to delete the hard disk and load a "good" image of the OS etc.) I get the same restarting problem. After loading the image it asks me to press any key to restart the machine but I get the same problem. It won't go into Windows at all.

If this is some sort of harware problem, where could the fault lie?

s99Raj 09:40 31 May 05

any ideas anyone please? cheers.

Indigo 1 10:16 31 May 05

It's a difficult one because you have tried the best remedy already. I don't think it would be a hardware issue as the hardware appears to be working OK.....Or is it?

Do any lights on the keyboard light up ?

Does the PC respond to keyboard at all ?

Can you check to see if any keys are stuck on (like F8 key) ?

You say the PC keeps re-starting but what exactly does it do ? What do you see on screen, does it just go straight to the Start Options screen ?

If you can't repair Windows using the Disc supplied with the PC then I am afraid you are a bit stuck.

Is it still under any sort of Guarantee ?

Indigo 1 12:11 31 May 05

And a solution click here

HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…