PC reluctant to start

zarobian 22:49 12 Apr 05

My friend was complaining that his PC will not start. When I switched on the PC (P4) I read the message on the screen no signal and then gone blank. Switched off the PC and the Flat Monitor too,removed the VGA cable from the graphic card. Examined it for bent pins,all ok. Replaced the cable and secured the connector. Switched on the PC and WindowsXP loaded normally.
Checked the device Manager for any conflict found none. The only thing I found was that the graphic card was shown as"Nvidia GeForce 440 with AGP8X (Microsoft). So it seems to be the Microsoft Generic Driver!!! Don't know. On examining the documention the Video card is mentioned to be as "MSI MS-8890 Geforce 4 128 MB (TV-out).
Any how I left it at that. This evening I was asked for help again and I find the screen is blank.Switched off the computer and restarted to liston to the start noise. Normal. The computer did the same thing "blank screen".
Switched off again and this time removed the mains plug from the wall socket. After two minutes reinserted the plug and started the computer. It started up normally.

I am completely baffeled. Is it PSU,Graphic card or reluctant HD.
Do I need to download and install the Graphic program from MSI/NVidia site or I am on the wrong track.

Any suggestions you wise folks.

User-312386 23:45 12 Apr 05

Download the latest Graphics driver from nvidia

Also download drivecleaner pro click here and install the programme

Uninstall the graphics driver from add/remove programmes

Restart in safe mode

When in safe mode use drive cleaner pro to remove all nvidia files. When done restart the computer and go into normal mode (not safe)

When the driver installation screen pops up press Cancel. Now install the drivers you originally downloaded from Nvidia

zarobian 10:00 13 Apr 05

Thanks for the tip. Have downloaded the driver cleaer on my ow computer and burnt it to cd. Will follow your instructions. The knowledgeable people on forum all agrees on graphic driver.
Thaks once again. Will post back.

zarobian 22:29 13 Apr 05

Have done this morning exactly what you told me. I just phoned my friend and was told that the computer is now running normally.
I have given full details in my first thread. This second one was started accidently. Will close these threads in couple of days. Just wait and see.
Thanks to you.

Zarobian

User-312386 01:00 14 Apr 05

My Pleasure

Did not know you had 2 threads running

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017